Monday 18 February 2013

Well, it MUST be time for something sweet!!

Over the past week I've tried to give you some nice easy recipes, in the hope you'll give them a go... so what about a easy recipe for Chocolate Mousse.. mmmm....

I want to share with you my recipe for the easiest chocky mousse, I've been making it since I was about 12...

You use 50g chocolate to 1 egg. If I was making a bowl of mousse, I would use 1 pkt of choc melts and 8 eggs

If I was making enough for 4 people I would use 200g choc and 4 eggs, for 6 people 300g choc and 6 eggs etc

Method:

Separate the eggs. Beat egg whites until stiff. Melt chocolate and add egg yolks, work fast with them because as soon as you add the yolks the chocolate "seizes" and if you don't work fast it will not be smooth. Fold the egg whites into the choc mixture (fold them, not beat or stir) Once its folded in either pour into individual ramekins or in a bowl (if making enough to share)
Cover with Glad wrap and place in fridge for several hours to set.

I had a dinner party a few years ago for a friends birthday. I made the mousse and put it in a china coffee cup. When I served it I piped whipped cream on top and a sliced strawberry. Was really yum. It would be great to serve it like that and add a sweet biscuit like a shortbread.. yum!!

2 ingredients - how much easier could it get :o)

Happy Cooking!

K

2 comments:

  1. Yummy yummmy I haven't had that for years! Love the idea in the pretty cups. Fabulous darling fabulous!

    ReplyDelete