Thursday 14 February 2013

I didn't cook tonight...

so no recipe to share. I'd like to say it was due to a candlelit romantic dinner for two to celebrate Valentine's Day... but I can't!

Instead it was a chaotic day culminating in a late flight pick-up and therefore a late dinner. While the kids are really good with food, and love it when we cook, they were kind of hanging out for a treat, so fast food it was. Its interesting isn't it - the term fast food - because it's not. It took 45 mins.. I chose something new - and hated it, so result - still hungry... Silly really.

I recently had friends coming for a BBQ, I was trying to utilise what we already had, rather than going and buying lots, so in the freezer I go.

We had lamb mince. What to do with it?? It's a sad day when I dream about food, but I did. I dreamed up an experiment that I had no idea whether it would work or not, but my friends are all awesome, so I knew they'd be my guinea pigs. 

I took the lamb mince and added to it 1 egg, 1 c breadcrumbs, 1 small onion chopped, salt, pepper, 1 t Italian herb seasoning and about a 2 T of fresh mint. I chopped the mint finely. I mixed it altogether and rolled it into a ball about the size of my palm. I chopped feta into cubes and pushed a piece of feta into the middle of the mince mixture, sealed it over with the mince, then pressed it into a patty. We cooked them on the barbie and oh my goodness they were great. SO delish! I couldn't have been more happy with them. Experiment = success. I will definitely make them again. Give them a try if you can, because they really are good. Pop them in a burger bun with lettuce, some tzatziki sauce maybe some red onion (if you like that) or on their own with salad, veges etc!

Happy Cooking!

K

1 comment: