Tuesday 19 February 2013

Mmm just me and the kids again tonight.... so simplicity it is!

I made a very yummy Sweet and Sour Pork with Basmati Rice

500g diced pork
1 egg
oil
1/2 c flour
1 capsicum, chopped
4 pineapple rings cut into chunks
Lee Kum Kee Sweet and Sour Sauce (I know, I know, I didn't make it..)
Basmati Rice (made as per packet instructions)

Beat an egg and add the pork. In a plastic bag with the flour in add the pork dipped in the beaten egg. Shake the flour over the pork. Cook the pork in a little oil in batches until golden on all sides, set aside in a warm oven till all are cooked. Leave a tablespoon of oil in the pan, add the capsicum and saute for a couple of mins. Add the pineapple and warm through. Add the pork and the sauce. Lower heat and warm through. Place the rice on the plate and place the pork mixture on top - enjoy!!

Happy Cooking,

K













No comments:

Post a Comment