Thursday 21 February 2013

I LOVE one pot dishes! Not just for the convenience of cooking them all together, but because they just taste SO good. Even better the next day too, so if you know you've got a busy week you can prepare them beforehand and then just heat and eat.

Tonight I'm making a Chicken Hotpot, a recipe I got from my friend Louisa a few years ago.

Leftover chicken (about 400g, shredded) or cook up a couple of chicken breasts and shred them.

50g butter
2T flour
1 c milk
2 chicken stock cubes
1t mixed herbs (I used Italian herbs because I prefer them)
1 T extra flour
hot water
Veges such as peas, carrot, beans, corn etc
Potatoes
Cheese

Melt butter on high for 30 secs. Stir in flour and gradually add milk while you stir. Cook on high 2 mins. Stir. 

Put crumbled stock cubes into a cup with the extra flour and herbs. Add a little hot water and mix to a paste. Fill the cup with water and stir. Pour into the white sauce and cook on high 2 mins. Stir. 

Place the chicken in a casserole dish, add sauce and veges. Slice potatoes about 2 mm thick and layer over the chicken mixture, sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake in the oven at 180oC till browned (and potatoes cooked through)

This is truly yummy and well worth it.

How's everyone doing with the blog? Bored yet?? lol Has anyone tried anything, how did it go? Are there things you'd like me to cover for you? Utilise the comments section guys, it'll make the blog more interesting for people, and others may be wondering the same thing!!

Happy Cooking,

K

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried anything yet but I love reading the blog and I do want to try things. I am waiting for my roast lamb andveges to come out of the oven currently. Yum roast for one

    ReplyDelete