Sunday 3 March 2013

We have new neighbours....

Now this IS NOT meant to be offensive or racist in anyway.. but they are driving me crazy!! They are Indian  The smells wafting from their garage (where they are cooking) are driving my taste buds wild! After a comment made to me this week I have embarked on a Diet, so food isn't quite as exciting for me right now, but I'm finding it fine and I'm not hungry... but the smell of onions and spices in the air is testing my resolve.

So tonight I want to share with you one of my favourite Indian recipes - they're a little fiddly - but SO worth the effort - you honestly will love them. If I can convert Brittany's usually conservative foody friend to these yummy morsels, then anyone will love them.

Indian Pan Rolls:

Pan Rolls

2 c flour                              2 T melted butter
3 eggs, beaten                     pinch of salt
1 c milk

Mince

500g mince                          1 onion chopped
1 t chopped garlic                 1 t chopped ginger
2 t chilli powder                   2 med potatoes peeled and cubed
salt to taste                        1 t garam masala or all spice
1 t ground cumin                  1 t ground coriander
1 egg lightly beaten              1 c panko breadcrumbs
oil for frying

Dipping sauce

Edmonds One-egg mayonnaise
Sweet chilli sauce

Mix flour, eggs, milk, butter and salt with a little water to make a thin batter. The batter should be very thin, to make a crepe rather than a thick pancake. Drop batter on a flat pan and cook pancakes on one side only. Stack them to one side.

On a low heat cook mince, onion, garlic, ginger, potato, chilli, garam masala, cumin, coriander and salt with 1/2 c water till the potatoes are soft and the mince is cooked. Cool and keep aside.

Place each pan cake on a plate add a tablespoon of mince on one end and roll up, tucking in sides as you would a spring roll. Follow the same procedure until they are all used up. Heat oil, dip each pancake in beaten egg, then roll in breadcrumbs. Shallow fry until golden. Drain on paper towel. Serve with dipping sauce, that is made by adding the chilli sauce to the thick mayonnaise to taste.

VERY yummo!! I usually find there's more mince than pancakes, so I freeze it, then next time I only have to make the pancakes.. mmm

Happy Cooking,
K

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I love all types of Indian food. Thanks for your efforts with your blog, Kerry! I just love it

    ReplyDelete