Friday 29 March 2013

In November this year my lovely Aunty passed away after a brave fight with Cancer. Her loss is immeasurable and today her darling daughter posted on Facebook that she was looking through her mother's cookbook and found a recipe her mum used to make for her. I thought it would be a lovely tribute if as many people as possible will give it a go this weekend, in her honour, and to remember those close to you taken by this b#@&dy disease!! Comment on here or post photos if you do it as a lovely tribute to the brave battle our loved ones face. Here's her recipe, in her handwriting, and it must be worthwhile to go to the effort because I see she noted at the top that it was "good"...


Happy Cooking my friends, and Happy Easter xxx

K

3 comments:

  1. Any recommendations for replacing the golden syrup? We don't have it and as I'm not much of a fan of it I don't think I'd use it again in a hurry.. but I'd love to give it a go (I'll buy some if I must).. Ain't nuthin like family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carly, a couple of options could be honey, or corn syrup... Honey would be very sweet though, so you may need to adjust your sugar to taste. You could also use brown sugar or treacle etc :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh. What was I thinking... I just gotta buy the right ingredients :-)

    ReplyDelete