Tuesday 5 March 2013

Don't you love it when you stumble over something in the kitchen and it turns out FAB!!!

I'm doing this protein diet at the moment. I had to have a grilled chicken for dinner, with limited prospects as to what I could do to it to make it edible I handed the challenge over to hubby... I had made a wonderful lamb casserole with mashed potatoes and beans, carrots, broccoli and cauli for him and the kids so it only felt right he could help me with this task, I was a bit Created-Out... 

Anyway.. he marinated the chicken breast in lime juice and sprinkled chicken seasoning and a little olive oil and placed it on the grill. It was amazingly yummy. The breast stayed tender and the combination of flavours was just incredible.

The lesson here is that sometimes the simplest of flavours can blow us away. 

I watch all the cooking shows - MKR, Come Dine with Me, Masterchef etc, and what I always say is that they need to KISS - keep it simple stupid! Why complicate things?? The key is to think about flavours and what will complement each other, rather than fight against each other - don't be afraid to experiment.

Happy Cooking,
K


3 comments:

  1. How bout smoking your chicken Kerry? I use manuka sawdust, Earl Grey tea and a bit of brown sugar or honey as a smoking mix for chicken. It's delish and if you have a covered BBQ, it's easy to use it to smoke food as well <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken... now that's something I can do. My man lurves protein. (I'm a bit behind just catching up on the last few blogs!)

    ReplyDelete