Tuesday 19 March 2013

From China to Mexico tonight Arriba, Arriba!!

I wasn't very motivated to make dinner tonight, but had to come up with something. I wanted tasty but light - Taco's - the perfect solution!

I like them because I can prepare everything before hand and put them in little bowls, and then my lot can put them together as they like.

I prepared 6 bowls. In them I put grated cheese in one, chopped tomatoes in another, sliced lettuce, taco sauce, sour cream and guacamole. 

I make my guacamole by mashing a ripe avocado, adding sweet chili sauce (to taste) and sour cream. Mix it all together - YUM. 

I buy the taco shells from the supermarket and just heat them through so they are crunchy and warm.

I saute onion and red capsicum till soft, then add mince. I stir this through until it is brown, and there is no liquid in the bottom. I added a taco powdered seasoning and water, but you can also buy jars of it. Simmer it through until it is absorbed into the meat.

Construct your taco how you like, but I like to put the mince in first and add the cheese quickly on top so that it melts a little. I then put the guacamole, taco sauce and sour cream, lettuce and tomato, that way the sauces hold the lettuce and tomato on. Definitely a meal best eaten with your fingers, and SO yum!!

Happy Cooking,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment