Tuesday 10 December 2013

Trying something new - YES, we CAN do it!

I know it's been awhile, but it is hard to think of posts that people would find interesting. I guess it's difficult to know if you are actually doing something useful, or boring people to death... Blogging is such a one-sided thing if you don't get any feedback.. (hint, hint, lol)

Last night I was pushed for time and motivation but I wanted to do something different for my family for dinner. Pork schnitzel was on sale at the supermarket and years ago I had a recipe for Pork Olives, so I thought I'd give it a go. Only snag is I couldn't find the recipe, not even online. I was determined to make it tho so I played with things and managed to make something so yummy I thought I should share it.

Pork Olives - Kerry Style

6 - 8 pieces of pork schnitzel (2 per person depending on size..)
2 cups rolled oats
1 small pottle of apple puree (120g roughly)
1 beef stock cube
1 dessertspoon fennel seeds
1 dessertspoon dried sage - or fresh chopped finely
2 t celery salt
salt and pepper
Gravy - packet mix is fine

In a bowl place the oats, apple puree, stock cube (crumbled), fennel seeds and dried sage (grind in a mortar and pestle if you have one) celery salt and salt and pepper. Mix. Lay out each piece of schnitzel and place oat mix on, roll up and secure with a toothpick. Continue until all are rolled up with mix. Place in a casserole dish. Pour gravy over the top. Cover and place in oven, 180oC. Cook for about 40 - 60 mins, turn occasionally) You want them to have colour and be tender and the gravy to thicken slightly. I served mine with new potatoes and mint and carrots, brocolli and cauliflower with cheese sauce. It was SO yummy!! I do hope you give it a try.

I really would love to get some feedback, perhaps some suggestions as to what you'd like to see, with Christmas coming I thought I might share some recipes of the things I cook for Christmas - if you think it's useful...

Happy Cooking,

K

4 comments:

  1. Love it, I'm definitely going to try this with the boys.
    I'd love to see some old school kiwi recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion!! were you wanting mains, desserts?? baking?? let me know and I'll see what I can do :)

      Delete